You might be running out of ways to stay occupied while staying safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. How can you spend time outside and stay safe during the pandemic? Try these safe outdoor activities, like testing your green thumb or caring for the replacement windows on your Selkirk, MB home. Here are a few tips to help make these days productive and not so boring:
- Play a Game – Let your inner child run free with some outdoor games. Go nuts with classics like hopscotch, sidewalk chalk, tag, hide and seek, or skipping rope. Experiment with more challenging pastimes like croquet, horseshoes, badminton, or bocce ball. If yard games aren’t your thing, bring some board games out to your patio to play in the sunshine and fresh air.
- Test Your Green Thumbs – Whether or not you’ve been a gardener in the past, now’s the time to reinvigorate or simply test out your green thumbs. Even simple gardening tasks like spreading mulch, trimming, weeding, and planting new flowers can not only give your outdoor space a facelift but can also lift your spirits with some much-needed outdoor time and vitamin D. Look around your yard, garden, or outdoor space and take inventory. What needs some attention? Could you plant new shrubs or flowers?
- Take it Outside – Even if you’re running out of traditional outdoor activities, just take your other activities outside. Do your next workout in the yard or bring your laptop out on the patio to take in the fresh air during a Zoom meeting or brainstorm session. Have dinner or even a snack outside, or make date night feel special by making a picnic in the yard.
- Celebrate Your Neighborhood – We can still be social even if we’re distanced. Plan a scavenger hunt around the block for the local kids, or set up a “drive-by bear hunt,” where kids look for teddy bears in windows or on porches. Put signs on your front door to thank delivery people for keeping you supplied, or signs in your yard thanking others for their service, including healthcare workers, first responders, grocery store employees, and teachers.
- Give Your Windows Some TLC – How clean are your windows and window treatments? Get outside in the sunshine and fresh air to clean your windows and window treatments. You can even go a step further and pressure wash your patio, driveway, gutters, and outdoor furniture for a whole new level of clean. After you clean your windows and window treatments, give them a once-over for other finishing touches. Do they need a new coat of paint? New hardware? Complete the task and you’ll feel a lot better about your home.
These are just a few of the many ways you can stay occupied and productive outside during the pandemic. We know these are unprecedented times, and we will get through this. Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd is here to help if you want more tips on home improvement or Selkirk, MB replacement windows. Call or visit us today!