If you have lots of questions about replacement windows for your Winnipeg, MB home, you are far from the only one. Most homeowners have a long list of questions about replacement windows.
If you have questions, this list of replacement window frequently asked questions can help:
- Should I replace all my windows at one time? Technically you do not have to replace all your windows at once. However, the best way to maximize your energy savings is to replace all old windows at the same time to eliminate all drafts at once. You can do a few at a time, as this will help. Some window businesses can place you on a replacement schedule that will gradually replace all of your windows in a reasonable time period.
- What’s the best kind of frame? When shopping for replacement window frames you need to be on the lookout for a balance of strength, durability, insulating properties, ease of maintenance, and attractiveness. Take wood frames as an example. They are very stylish, but require regular maintenance and can be affected by changes in the weather. Vinyl frames, on the other hand, are easy to care for, but can sometimes be unflattering for a home. Try and balance these ideal features to find what’s best for your home.
- Can replacing windows save money on energy? The short answer is yes. This is because up to one-third of the money you spend to heat and cool your home can be lost as the temperature-controlled air from the inside leaks out through inefficient windows. You need to invest in modern replacement windows with features like insulated frames and thermal barrier glass to prevent energy loss. These windows help you use less energy to heat and cool your home, therefore spending less money on energy bills.
- What does the inert gas in windowpanes do? Inert gas, such as argon or krypton, is very important for energy efficiency. These gases serve as barriers to help prevent transfer of thermal energy through conduction. In other words, the gas helps keep your home at the ideal indoor temperature without costing you extra energy usage and therefore money.
- Do I have to buy name brand windows? You can find affordable replacement windows at any old hardware store. However, these windows don’t even come close to the ones you can get from professional window companies when it comes to energy efficiency, durability, and even style. Plus, when you order from a specialized window company, you can get windows that are custom sized to fit your home and engineered to deliver superior performance.
- Can I install new windows by myself? Some homeowners want to save money on installation costs, but this is not a good idea. Professional installation is pretty much essential for modern replacement windows to work at their highest level. Not to mention that you might end up spending more money in the long run in repairs from poor installation if you do it yourself.
Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd, located at 8 Fast Lane Headingley, MB, R4H 0C5, can answer any more Winnipeg, MB replacement window questions you may have. Call today at (204) 889-8422.