Getting custom windows and doors for your Winnipeg, MB home is a great investment. They can make your house stand out with style and function. If you’re already making the investment in custom windows and doors, why not go all the way with amazing new features?
Use the following list of hot new window and door features and style ideas to inspire you to make your custom windows and doors truly unique.
- Fingertip Control – The new biometric SmartScan lock opens your windows and doors at the touch of a finger. This smart scanner is battery powered and can remember up to 50 fingers, so everyone on your list can get in without keys. You can even program it for unlimited or temporary access to let in workmen when you’re not home.
- Bronze – Bronze is in for doors and windows. Customize your home with a bronze-clad look with andonized aluminum. This new material is weatherproof and durable so it won’t chip or fade. Check out finishes in black, copper, clear, champagne and three different shades of bronze.
- Invisible Screens – TruScene windows block bugs without ugly, old-fashioned screens. These micro-fine steel mesh screens catch the smallest bugs, but are practically invisible to the naked eye.
- Built In Brackets – Get ready for a storm with hide-away interior brackets. These recessed brackets can hold plywood in place during bad weather, but fold away completely when not in use.
- Shatterproof – Go with new three-layer glass for your windows and doors to resist shattering. Made with a shatter resistant polymer core surrounded by glass on both sides, this pane material can hold up to blows from a 9-pound 2×4 shot from a cannon at 50 feet per second.
- Rustic – Vintage and rustic is in, so make your new windows and doors on trend by adding a Prohibition-era “speakeasy grille” that slides out of the way to reveal only the eyeballs of the inhabitants, or a medieval clavos for even more originality.
- Disappearing Screens – Pull these screens up when the window is open, or roll them away and out of sight when the window is closed. This is especially handy if you want to block bugs, but don’t want to look at ugly metal screens when your window is closed. You can even get a remote-control version for even more convenience.
- Advanced Double Hung – New technology’s given us efficient, highly insulating double hung windows. Weighted sashes, pulleys, and chains are custom-built for each project using a variety of materials to make these advanced windows a great investment.
- Password Protected – Ditch the key and install a password door keypad. These locks open with 4 digit access codes, and work on deadbolts for exterior doors and latches for interior doors.
No matter how to choose to update your new windows and doors, Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd can help. We offer Winnipeg, MB custom windows and doors services from 8 Fast Lane Headingley, MB, R4H 0C5. Give us a call today at (204) 889-8422 to learn more.