You can never go wrong adding a patio door to your Winnipeg, MB home. Patio doors not only boost your home’s style, but also add natural light and quick access to the outdoors for indoor/outdoor living. If you’re taking the time to add a patio door to your home, why not make sure it’s stylish and trendy?
There are lots of hot new patio door trends for 2018 that are sure to look amazing in your home.
- Indoor/Outdoor Expansion – Use your outdoor space as an expansion of your indoor space. This is best achieved by putting a patio door right off your kitchen or living room and expanding that room outside. For example, add some counter space around your grill for an outdoor kitchen feel, and put in a patio door to make a smooth transition between your two kitchens.
- Bi-Fold Moving Glass Wall – These patio doors give you a wide expanse of glass for great outdoor views. They fold up into themselves like accordions for even more interest and effective use of space.
- Glass, Glass and More Glass – The more glass these days, the better. Expansive patio doors that are almost entirely glass are trendy for a reason: they allow tons of natural light into the home with almost completely unobstructed views. You can even add more windows around your expansive patio doors to boost this look.
- Pocket Patio Doors – Pocket patio doors open by sliding into pockets in the surrounding walls, effectively disappearing when open. These doors boost the indoor/outdoor living feel even more by allowing you a seamless transition between spaces.
- Energy Efficiency – Thank goodness going green is in. Energy efficient patio doors are trendy because they not only help you save money on your electrical bills, but they also reduce your carbon footprint to better help the environment. Check out energy efficient properties such as dual pane glass, low-E glass and more for your patio doors.
- Stacking Glass – These patio doors are basically multiple sliding doors put together. Each door stacks one on top of the other as they open for an effective use of space.
- Black Frames – Black or otherwise dark frame colors are super modern and definitely on-trend for 2018. They add a touch of drama, and look great in more contemporary styled homes. Dark frames are eye-catching, and eliminate the need for window treatments. This way, your patio doors give unobstructed outdoor views.
- Clean Lines – Slick, clean lines look great on patio doors as they help draw your eye towards the view. Go with patio doors with slim frames for an even more modern look.
Go ahead and be trendy with your Winnipeg, MB patio doors. Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd has a wide range of options to help your new patio doors stay on-trend, in-style and on budget. Pay us a visit at 8 Fast Lane Headingley, MB, R4H 0C5, or give us a call at (204) 889-8422 to learn more about our patio doors and how we can help you.