The majority of homeowners will have to get replacement windows in Winnipeg, MB at some point. That process can seem overwhelming, especially since there are a lot of different kinds of replacement windows out there.
From different materials to different shapes and sizes, it can be hard to know where to start. The following is a basic guide on some kinds of replacement windows you can use as a jumping-off point. The more you know about replacement windows, the better equipped you will be to choose the best ones for your home.
- Single and Double Hung – Single and double-hung replacement windows are the most common choice for homeowners all over the country. Built-in bottom and top sashes make double-hung replacement windows incredibly easy to maintain. A simple tilt of the sash opens the window for easy cleaning and fresh air. Their timeless appeal looks great with any home concept.
- Sliding – Sliding replacement windows make life a breeze. They open horizontally along upper or lower tracks with minimal effort on your part. Large glass panels give beautifully open views of the outdoors.
- Custom – Custom replacement windows are an excellent choice when you have a specific idea as to what goes with your home. They are pretty much anything you can dream up.
- Picture – Picture windows don’t open. They’re just panes of glass that give you a great view of the outdoors and let light into your home. Choose insulated glass for high energy efficiency.
- Garden Windows – Garden windows are curved outward for gorgeous outdoor views and a tasteful accent to any space. Choose from a variety of color options to further accent or complement your room design. Add pre-insulated seaboards for even more energy efficiency and warmth.
- Bay Windows – Bay windows are a classic and entrancing choice for your home. Bay windows dramatically curve outward, creating an almost fishbowl of glass on the outside of your home. They are casual and charming for any room in your house. Set up a bench for reading, or simply leave the area all glass for tons of natural light and garden views.
- Bow Windows – When you want a less dramatic curve than garden windows, but still like the concept, choose bow windows for your replacement windows. Bow windows come color ready for a quick and easy installation. Add grids for further accenting, or thermal glass for cold or severe climates.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the different kinds of replacement windows. If you. Use the above list to get you started on finding the very best replacement windows for your home design and needs.
If you want to hire a contractor for replacement windows in Winnipeg, MB, contact Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd. Pay us a visit at 8 Fast Lane Headingley, MB, R4H 0C5, or give us a call at (204) 889-8422.