How To Care For Your Custom Windows and Doors
It can be tough to choose the right custom windows and doors for your Winnipeg, MB home. So once you pick them out and have them installed, it makes sense that you would want to take good care of them. Also, your doors and windows make your home’s first impression, protect your home, and play a part in your home’s energy efficiency, and therefore deserve proper care and maintenance.
Learn more about how to care for wood, fiberglass, and wrought iron custom doors and windows front doors to keep them beautiful for years to come.
Wood windows doors are naturally beautiful and charming, but they do require a lot of maintenance. They should be sealed before or immediately after being installed to make the maintenance easier, and should be inspected on all six sides every year to catch problems before they become so bad that you need to replace them. Clean a wood door or window by:
- Brushing off all surfaces with a dust brush or dry rag
- Using a wood polish to help stained wood glow
- Cleaning glass with a glass cleaner or mixture of vinegar and water
- Wiping the hardware using a cloth, warm water, and a diluted mild soap solution.
Remember that wood doors and windows exposed to harsh sunlight will need to be inspected more often than those covered by an overhang or porch. Also, wood front doors painted with lighter colors or stains will last longer than those painted or stained with darker colors.
Fiberglass windows and doors are very popular as they hold up well even in the face of extreme climates or harsh weather. They don’t warp, crack or rot like wood can and they don’t rust, scratch or corrode like steel. As with all windows and doors, fiberglass options connect with the outside elements and therefore need regular cleanings to help prevent erosion or problems with the finish from overexposure to wind, rain, snow and debris. Use a mild soap mixed with water to clean them, making sure to also wipe down hardware. Replace weather-stripping and hinges as necessary, and read the manual for your specific fiberglass custom windows and doors for more maintenance details.
Wrought iron windows doors are iconic in appearance, and evoke an old-world romantic charm. However, wrought iron has very little carbon content and is therefore vulnerable to rusting if the paint is not properly maintained. Don’t worry though, because all you have to do is stay on top of regular maintenance to keep a wrought iron doors and windows beautiful. Perform the following once a month:
- Combine a teaspoon of any vegetable-based soap water
- Wipe the doors from top to bottom with the solution and a low-lint cloth
- Wipe off any residue using a water damp cloth
- Gently dry the door or window with a second low-lint cloth
Contact Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd by visiting 3224 Portage Ave Winnipeg, MB R3K 0Y8 or calling (204) 889-8422 to learn more about the best ways to care for your Winnipeg, MB custom windows and doors.
- Entry Door Styles
- R-value and Patio Doors
- How To Care For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Be Careful With Replacement Window Installation
- 4 Questions To Ask About Your Entry Door Contractors
- The Common Patio Door Contractor Process
- Double-Pane Glass For Custom Windows and Doors
- 5 Common Questions About Vinyl Replacement Windows
- 6 Original Ways to Decorate Your Entry Door
- Breathe New Life Into Your Patio Doors
- The Important of Locks
- Locks For Replacement Windows
- Entry Doors Versus Interior Doors
- Great Patio Door Locks
- Custom Glass For Custom Windows And Doors
- Save On Replacement Windows
- Should Your Entry Door Have Glass?
- All About Choosing Patio Doors
- Home Security and Custom Windows and Doors
- Do Replacement Windows Really Save You Money?
- Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Ten Steps For Amazing Patio Doors
- Tips and Tricks for Choosing the Best Custom Windows and Doors
- The Different Kinds of Replacement Windows
- Entry Door Security
- Patio Door Security
- Stained Glass For Your Custom Windows And Doors
- Replacement Windows and Your Historic Home
- The Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Choosing Your Ideal Patio Doors
- Amazing Features For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Efficiency Labels on Replacement Windows
- Trendy Entry Doors For Your Winnipeg, MB Home
- Top Patio Door Trends For 2018
- The Benefits of Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Star Replacement Windows
- How to Choose the Right Entry Doors for Your Home
- 4 Priorities When Buying New Patio Doors
- Why Vinyl is an Excellent Material for Custom Windows and Doors
- 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing Replacement Windows
- Is it Time for New Entry Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 3 Types of Patio Doors in Winnipeg, MB
- Why Invest in Custom Windows and Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 5 Tips for Replacement Windows in Winnipeg, MB
- Financial Considerations When Choosing Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Home Value Increases from New Windows in Winnipeg
- Why Vinyl Windows Outperform Other Products in Lockport, MB
- Getting Started with Replacement Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Why You Need New Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Homeowner Tips: Caring for Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What is the Cost of Window Installation in Selkirk, MB?
- 4 Features to Consider When Selecting Windows in Winnipeg
- The Best Care Tips for Windows in Winnipeg
- 5 Important Benefits of New Windows in Winnipeg
- Do You have Energy Efficient Windows Installed in Your Selkirk, MB Home?
- How to Find a Reliable Window Contractor in Selkirk, MB
- Are Vinyl Windows the Right Choice for Your Home in Lockport, MB?
- Choosing Vinyl Windows for a Property in Lockport, MB?
- 3 Signs It is Time to Replace the Windows in Your St Francis Xavier Home
- Quality Windows are Necessary to Reduce the Risk of Pest Infestations in St Francis Xavier
- Window Consultation in Winnipeg: Why Both Homeowners Should be in Attendance
- Residential Windows in Selkirk, MB: Should You Expect Wear and Tear?
- Easy Window Installation in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Steps to Choosing the Best Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Why You Always Need an Experienced Contractor for Vinyl Window Installation in Lockport, MB
- Windows and Warranties: What Winnipeg Homeowners Need to Know
- Selkirk, MB Homeowners: How Can You Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced?
- Tips to Find a Professional Window Installer in St Francis Xavier
- 3 Things to Consider Before Choosing Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Vinyl Windows Are a Great Solution for Energy Efficiency in Lockport, MB
- You Deserve Quality Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Choosing the Right Windows in Winnipeg
- When is the Best Time of Year to Replace Windows in Winnipeg?
- Window Shopping in Selkirk, MB? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Proven Steps to Choose New Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What Should You Do about Drafty Windows in St Francis Xavier?
- Easy Tips to Help You Choose a Windows Contractor in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Benefits of Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- How to Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced in Your Selkirk, MB Property
- How Much Should You Spend on Windows in Winnipeg?
- Choosing The Right Replacement Windows For Your Winnipeg Home
- Preparing For Your Window Replacement Project In St. Francis Xavier, MB!
- The Right Replacement Windows For Your East St. Paul, MB Home
- Replacement Window FAQs For The West St. Paul, MB Homeowner
- Your Whole-Home Replacement Window Project in Selkirk, MB
- Lockport, MB Window Replacements Just For You
- Knowing When To Replace Your Headingley, MB Windows
- Your Winnipeg Home's Entry Door & Your Unique Character
- A Patio Door For All Seasons
- Choose Pioneer For Your Custom Windows And Doors