Choosing Your Ideal Patio Doors
What better way to enjoy your indoor and outdoor spaces than with welcoming patio doors on your Winnipeg, MB home? Patio doors, when chosen correctly, can quickly become your home’s most beloved part. They offer easy access to your outdoor space and clear views of natural light, plants and the sky from the indoors. Modern patio doors also offer energy efficiency and high-quality locking mechanisms for better security.
There are a lot of different patio doors on the market today, with variations in designs and materials. Learn more about each kind so you can be better prepared to choose the ideal patio doors for your home.
Patio Doors Designs
The design or style of your patio doors depends on your preferences for both function and aesthetics. There are three main types of patio doors:
Swinging Patio Doors or hinged patio doors, are very similar to everyday exterior doors. They are available with full or partial glass paneling and are typically hung in center fashion with each door swinging outward from the central pole. Swinging patio doors are also available in the classic French Door style for a more elevated look.
Sliding Patio Doors are the most popular type of patio door as they are easy to install and even easier to maintain. Otherwise known as bypass or gliding doors, sliding patio doors typically have two or more panels with one of the panels tuned to slide in and out on hidden rollers.
Folding Patio Doors are another popular option because they allow for an extra-wide entrance to your outdoor area. Functioning like an accordion, folding patio doors slide in and out on a hidden track and fold away on the sides. Folding patio doors can have up to eight leaves, and generally also come with glass paneling for outdoor views and natural light.
Patio Door Materials
Once you decide on a patio door design you get to decide on what type of material you want your doors to be made from. The basic types of patio door materials are:
Fiberglass – Fiberglass looks and feels like natural wood, but does not require as much maintenance. Fiberglass patio doors are durable for any type of climate.
Wood – The most classic material for patio doors, wood is visually appealing and strong. However, wood requires a lot of upkeep in terms of painting and checking for mold.
Vinyl – Vinyl is a plastic material that offers energy efficiency, durability, and visual appeal for your patio doors. Its climate-resistant construction does not fade, peel, flake or rot on harsh weather.
While what kind of patio doors you choose is ultimately up to you, we here at Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd are happy to help you make that choice. We offer a range of Winnipeg, MB patio door services, and can recommend options for your home. Visit our showroom at 3224 Portage Ave Winnipeg, MB R3K 0Y8 to see some patio doors in person, or give us a call at (204) 889-8422 for more information.
- How Much Should You Spend on Windows in Winnipeg?
- How to Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced in Your Selkirk, MB Property
- 4 Benefits of Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Easy Tips to Help You Choose a Windows Contractor in St Francis Xavier
- What Should You Do about Drafty Windows in St Francis Xavier?
- Proven Steps to Choose New Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Window Shopping in Selkirk, MB? Here’s What You Need to Know
- When is the Best Time of Year to Replace Windows in Winnipeg?
- Choosing the Right Windows in Winnipeg
- You Deserve Quality Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Vinyl Windows Are a Great Solution for Energy Efficiency in Lockport, MB
- 3 Things to Consider Before Choosing Windows in St Francis Xavier
- A Patio Door For All Seasons
- Your Winnipeg Home's Entry Door & Your Unique Character
- Knowing When To Replace Your Headingley, MB Windows
- Lockport, MB Window Replacements Just For You
- Your Whole-Home Replacement Window Project in Selkirk, MB
- Replacement Window FAQs For The West St. Paul, MB Homeowner
- The Right Replacement Windows For Your East St. Paul, MB Home
- Preparing For Your Window Replacement Project In St. Francis Xavier, MB!
- Choosing The Right Replacement Windows For Your Winnipeg Home
- Choose Pioneer For Your Custom Windows And Doors
- Tips to Find a Professional Window Installer in St Francis Xavier
- Selkirk, MB Homeowners: How Can You Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced?
- Windows and Warranties: What Winnipeg Homeowners Need to Know
- Why You Always Need an Experienced Contractor for Vinyl Window Installation in Lockport, MB
- 4 Steps to Choosing the Best Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Easy Window Installation in St Francis Xavier
- Residential Windows in Selkirk, MB: Should You Expect Wear and Tear?
- Window Consultation in Winnipeg: Why Both Homeowners Should be in Attendance
- Quality Windows are Necessary to Reduce the Risk of Pest Infestations in St Francis Xavier
- 3 Signs It is Time to Replace the Windows in Your St Francis Xavier Home
- Choosing Vinyl Windows for a Property in Lockport, MB?
- Are Vinyl Windows the Right Choice for Your Home in Lockport, MB?
- How to Find a Reliable Window Contractor in Selkirk, MB
- Do You have Energy Efficient Windows Installed in Your Selkirk, MB Home?
- 5 Important Benefits of New Windows in Winnipeg
- The Best Care Tips for Windows in Winnipeg
- 4 Features to Consider When Selecting Windows in Winnipeg
- What is the Cost of Window Installation in Selkirk, MB?
- Homeowner Tips: Caring for Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Why You Need New Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Getting Started with Replacement Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Why Vinyl Windows Outperform Other Products in Lockport, MB
- Home Value Increases from New Windows in Winnipeg
- Financial Considerations When Choosing Windows in Selkirk, MB
- 5 Tips for Replacement Windows in Winnipeg, MB
- Why Invest in Custom Windows and Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 3 Types of Patio Doors in Winnipeg, MB
- Is it Time for New Entry Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing Replacement Windows
- Why Vinyl is an Excellent Material for Custom Windows and Doors
- 4 Priorities When Buying New Patio Doors
- How to Choose the Right Entry Doors for Your Home
- Energy Star Replacement Windows
- The Benefits of Custom Windows and Doors
- Top Patio Door Trends For 2018
- Trendy Entry Doors For Your Winnipeg, MB Home
- Energy Efficiency Labels on Replacement Windows
- Amazing Features For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Choosing Your Ideal Patio Doors
- The Basic Types of Entry Doors