You have to do a lot of work to find and choose the patio doors for your Winnipeg, MB home. Luckily, once you do all that, your contractor will take over and do the majority of the remaining work to get your new patio doors installed and functioning well. Most patio door contractors follow the same basic steps for their installations, letting you take more of a back seat. Learn more about the process so you can be better prepared for your new doors to be installed in your home, and so you can get excited about having brand new, beautiful patio doors.
Most patio door contractors start off by giving the details of their specific installation process. While there are always deviations from contractor to contractor, some steps always remain the same:
- Brief Rundown – You can expect a call or email from your contractor in the days or weeks before your installation to confirm the appointment, and to give you a brief rundown of what to expect.
- Your Preparation – Make sure to do you part to prepare your home. Do this by removing any blinds, curtains or other window treatments from the old patio doors, moving furniture or items away from the work area, and clearing pathways from the doors to the work areas. Anything you can do to prepare your home before the crew arrives will help make the processes faster and easier.
- Crew Preparation – Once the crew arrives, they will place drop clothes around the work area to catch debris and dust from the installation.
- Old Door Removal – The crew then removes the old patio doors while taking care to maintain the door opening and the surrounding area.
- Prepare For New Patio Doors – Once the old doors are out, the installers clean the opening and place the new patio doors.
- Sealing and Insulation – After the new set of doors is carefully put into place, the crew insulates and seals the frames into their new homes. The insulation is one of the most important parts of your replacement patio doors, as it will help keep the cold air and moisture outside, saving you money on energy costs.
- Clean Up – The crew will remove old doors, clear away debris, and fold up the drop clothes to leave your home as clean as possible.
- Inspection – Generally, a supervisor or lead crewmember will perform one final inspection of the new patio doors to insure quality and proper installation. This is your chance to ask any final questions.
Patio door installation times can vary greatly depending on weather, number of doors, and the condition of the old doors. However, most projects take one to two days. Your contractor can give you a more specific time frame with your doors and needs taken into account.
If you have more questions about the patio door installation process, or about Winnipeg, MB patio doors in general, Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd can help. Please visit us at 8 Fast Lane Headingley, MB, R4H 0C5, or give us a call at (204) 889-8422.