Replacement Windows and Your Historic Home
Historic homes are very rewarding as they are beautiful time capsules of our past that are also functional for your daily life and enjoyment. However, if you own a historic home, you know how much work they can be to maintain. While all that hard work is worth it, it can be hard to know where to start, especially when it comes to Winnipeg, MB replacement windows. Replacing windows on a historic home can be challenging, but these tips and trick will help make the process easier.
The first step to dealing with replacement windows for your historic home is figuring out the exact problem with the windows, because sometimes you can just repair the window rather than replace it. Consider three things:
- Is the labor of maintaining the old window worth it?
- Are the old windows making your energy spending skyrocket?
- Are the windows still aesthetically pleasing?
If the labor required to repair and then maintain the old windows is worth it for you, then go ahead and repair rather than replace the windows. However, its important to consider that the old windows will not only take up your time, but can also take your money as well. Old windows aren’t very energy efficient, and they can cost a lot to maintain. If you decide its not worth the time and money, keep reading to learn more about historic window replacements.
Many historic homes, and oftentimes historic towns, have laws in place that require homeowners to replace their home’s windows with historically accurate models to preserve the house’s integrity. Generally, this means that the new windows can’t have any composite or plastic materials, and they must have a similar pane pattern to the original. It may seem almost impossible to find replacement windows that meet these requirements, but don’t worry. Many window manufacturers offer lines specifically made to act as replacements for historic homes.
Replacement windows for historic homes have different requirements than standard replacement windows. They have to combine modern technology with historic appeal. These windows are often made from woods like Douglas fir, pine or mahogany, and generally have panes set up to mimic the old divided light look without actually having divided panes. Historic replacement windows can also be finished off with authentic-looking hardware.
Thanks to window manufacturing and design advancements, you don’t have to sacrifice modern comfort for a historic look for your replacement windows. You can easily add energy efficient features to historic replacement windows to boost efficiency, comfort, and saving in the long term. Add features like:
- Double or triple pane glass
- Low-E coating
- Wood coating
If you would like more information in historic replacement windows in Winnipeg, MB, or on replacement windows in general, contact Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd. We offer a range of window and door services, and would be happy to help you out. Please visit us at 3224 Portage Ave Winnipeg, MB R3K 0Y8, or give us a call at (204) 889-8422 to learn more.
- Patio Door Security
- Stained Glass For Your Custom Windows And Doors
- Replacement Windows and Your Historic Home
- The Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Choosing Your Ideal Patio Doors
- Amazing Features For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Efficiency Labels on Replacement Windows
- Trendy Entry Doors For Your Winnipeg, MB Home
- Top Patio Door Trends For 2018
- The Benefits of Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Star Replacement Windows
- How to Choose the Right Entry Doors for Your Home
- 4 Priorities When Buying New Patio Doors
- Why Vinyl is an Excellent Material for Custom Windows and Doors
- 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing Replacement Windows
- Is it Time for New Entry Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 3 Types of Patio Doors in Winnipeg, MB
- Why Invest in Custom Windows and Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 5 Tips for Replacement Windows in Winnipeg, MB
- Financial Considerations When Choosing Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Home Value Increases from New Windows in Winnipeg
- Why Vinyl Windows Outperform Other Products in Lockport, MB
- Getting Started with Replacement Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Why You Need New Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Homeowner Tips: Caring for Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What is the Cost of Window Installation in Selkirk, MB?
- 4 Features to Consider When Selecting Windows in Winnipeg
- The Best Care Tips for Windows in Winnipeg
- 5 Important Benefits of New Windows in Winnipeg
- Do You have Energy Efficient Windows Installed in Your Selkirk, MB Home?
- How to Find a Reliable Window Contractor in Selkirk, MB
- Are Vinyl Windows the Right Choice for Your Home in Lockport, MB?
- Choosing Vinyl Windows for a Property in Lockport, MB?
- 3 Signs It is Time to Replace the Windows in Your St Francis Xavier Home
- Quality Windows are Necessary to Reduce the Risk of Pest Infestations in St Francis Xavier
- Window Consultation in Winnipeg: Why Both Homeowners Should be in Attendance
- Residential Windows in Selkirk, MB: Should You Expect Wear and Tear?
- Easy Window Installation in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Steps to Choosing the Best Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Why You Always Need an Experienced Contractor for Vinyl Window Installation in Lockport, MB
- Windows and Warranties: What Winnipeg Homeowners Need to Know
- Selkirk, MB Homeowners: How Can You Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced?
- Tips to Find a Professional Window Installer in St Francis Xavier
- 3 Things to Consider Before Choosing Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Vinyl Windows Are a Great Solution for Energy Efficiency in Lockport, MB
- You Deserve Quality Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Choosing the Right Windows in Winnipeg
- When is the Best Time of Year to Replace Windows in Winnipeg?
- Window Shopping in Selkirk, MB? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Proven Steps to Choose New Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What Should You Do about Drafty Windows in St Francis Xavier?
- Easy Tips to Help You Choose a Windows Contractor in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Benefits of Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- How to Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced in Your Selkirk, MB Property
- How Much Should You Spend on Windows in Winnipeg?
- Choosing The Right Replacement Windows For Your Winnipeg Home
- Preparing For Your Window Replacement Project In St. Francis Xavier, MB!
- The Right Replacement Windows For Your East St. Paul, MB Home
- Replacement Window FAQs For The West St. Paul, MB Homeowner
- Your Whole-Home Replacement Window Project in Selkirk, MB
- Lockport, MB Window Replacements Just For You
- Knowing When To Replace Your Headingley, MB Windows
- Your Winnipeg Home's Entry Door & Your Unique Character
- A Patio Door For All Seasons
- Choose Pioneer For Your Custom Windows And Doors