The new replacement windows for your Winnipeg, MB home look great, and they’re probably well functioning and energy efficient, too. However, do your shades and blind keep up with your new windows? It’s hard to show off your new replacement windows if your shades and blinds are dirty and dusty.
If your shades and blinds need a good cleaning, you’re not alone. A lot of homeowners find it hard to clean shades and blinds. However, window shade and blind maintenance is a big part of replacement window maintenance. All your have to do is use the following tips, and you’ll find it a lot easier to keep your window shades and blinds looking great and working well so you can show off those new windows.
- Give Them a Bath – You can always give your shades a deep clean at home. Fill your bathtub with warm, soapy water, and lower the blinds inside. Slowly swirl them around the tub, or gently move them up and down. Be sure to rinse them well after washing to remove any excess soap or leftover grime. Hang them up outside to dry quickly so they don’t drip on your floors.
- Use A Fabric Cleaner – You can always take your fabric shades down and bring them to a professional cleaner, like your local dry cleaner. There are also some towns that have specific shade and blind cleaning businesses.
- Vacuum – Dust quickly builds up on shades, making them look dirty and dingy. Use your vacuum to remove dust buildup on your shades. Place the brush attachment on the end of the hose and gently move it down the shades.
- Wipe Wood – Wood shades can be cleaned with a little water on a soft cloth. Just slightly dampen the cloth, and wipe away dirt, dust or grime. Be sure to wipe away any excess moisture with a second, dry cloth when you’re done.
- Dust Away – Some cheap or poorly made dusters can scratch or damage your shades. If you prefer to use a duster, be sure to get a feather or lamb’s wool duster, as these kinds are soft and scratch-free. Brush the duster up and down on the shade to remove any dust or dirt.
- Spot Clean – It’s easy to spot clean shades with an all-purpose cleaner. However, always spray the cleaner onto a clean, soft cloth and never directly only the shades.
It’s not hard to keep your window shades looking just as great as your new replacement windows if you use these simple cleaning tips. If you want to learn more window shades, or have questions about Winnipeg, MB replacement windows, just reach out to Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd. You can pay us a visit in person at 8 Fast Lane Headingley, MB, R4H 0C5, or give us a call at (204) 889-8422 for more information on how we can help you find and maintain the best replacement windows for your home.