Energy Star Replacement Windows
Energy Star is an internationally recognized program that helps consumers and businesses alike save money and help the environment at the same time by offering energy efficiency ratings, information, and helpful programs. A large portion of Energy Star information is geared towards replacement windows and doors so families like yours can have the most energy efficient Winnipeg, MB replacement windows possible.
Energy Star helps homes and business by testing and rating different windows, doors and other products. These ratings help consumers find the most energy efficient products depending on needs, location and climate. Energy Star Canada is a voluntary program, meaning businesses and organizations do not have to participate. However, Energy Star labels have become synonymous for trust and quality, so most companies choose to submit for Energy Star testing.
Energy Star Replacement Windows
In Canada, replacement windows receive Energy Star ratings based on the following values:
U Factor – The heat transfer rate from warm to cold areas. The lower the ratings, the more efficient the window.
SHGC – Solar heat gain coefficient rates the amount of heat from the sun that can move through the window. The higher the number the better.
Energy Rating – The balance between the U-factor, SHGC and air leakage. A higher rating is better.
Visible Transmittance – VT is the amount of visible light a window allows through. The higher the rating, the more light can go through.
R-Value – A window’s resistance to heat transfer measured in square feet per hour. A higher rating means a more efficient window.
Centre- Of-Glass Rating – The window’s glass energy efficiency rating.
While there aren’t any specific requirements for construction or materials in order for a replacement window to be highly rated through Energy Star, there are some industry-wide trends that may help you choose the best replacement vinyl windows for your home. Some of these trending features include:
Quality Materials – High quality window materials, like vinyl, offer better insulation and heat and cold transfer rates.
Low-E Glass – Low-E glass is coated with a transparent film to help reflect infrared light back outside rather than allowing it inside.
Spacers – Spacers keep glass panels the proper distance apart for effective insulation and even noise reduction.
Energy Star Replacement Windows for Winnipeg
Different climates require different window construction and properties for effective energy efficient replacement windows. Energy Star conveniently separates Canada into climate zones so consumers can quickly and easily find what properties their new windows should have for the best energy efficiency.
Winnipeg is in Climate Zone 2. Energy Star recommends the following ratings for energy efficient replacement windows in the Climate Zone 2:
Energy Rating of at least 29
Maximum U-factor of 1.40
Air leakage value of 1.5 or less
Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd
The right replacement window in Winnipeg, MD can really make or break your home’s energy efficiency to not only reduce your energy spending but also keep your home comfortable no matter what the season.
Pioneer window & Door Mfg Ltd is proud to offer Energy Star rated replacement windows. Visit our store at 8 Fast Lane Headingley, MB, R4H 0C5, or give us a call at (204) 889-8422 to learn more about Energy Star replacement windows.
- Stylish Shutters for Your Replacement Windows
- How to Improve Your Laundry Room
- Year-Round Spring Cleaning
- Summer-Inspired Decorating Tips
- Upgrade Your Home Décor
- Nursery Design Tips
- How Should You Dress Your Replacement Windows?
- Replacement Window Styles and Where to Use Them
- The Truth About Vinyl Replacement Windows
- Using Shutters on Doors
- Spring Cleaning and Replacement Windows
- 2021 Design Trends
- Use Your Tax Refund for Home Improvements
- Replacement Windows Made of Hardwood
- Unique Window Treatments for Unique Interiors
- Before Beginning a Renovation
- Winterize Your Home
- Resale Value and Your Home
- Renovation Finishing Touches
- Easy Home Renovations
- Bathroom Replacement Window Treatments
- Improve Your Home Office
- Vacuum Your House!
- Formal Window Treatments
- Replacement Windows Without Curtains
- Protect Your Replacement Windows from Ice
- Make Your Ceiling Appear Taller
- Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- Create a Calm Space
- Home Improvement Projects for the Summer
- Your Lighting Design
- Replacement Windows Help Protect Carpets
- Replacement Windows That Look Like Wood
- Temperature and Replacement Windows
- Choosing a Color for Your Replacement Windows
- Create a Sleep Oasis
- Slider and Double Hung Replacement Windows
- Make Your Home More Private
- Replacement Windows and Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- Replacement Windows and Home Hygiene
- How to Use Bay Replacement Windows in Your Home
- Replacement Windows and Your Playroom
- Energy Efficiency and Replacement Windows
- Gardens for Replacement Windows
- Inspiration for Your Replacement Windows
- Shutters Vs. Blinds
- New Homes and Replacement Windows and Your New House
- Decorating Shutters
- Maintaining Your Privacy with Replacement Windows
- Do It Yourself Replacement Window Treatments
- Moldy Replacement Windows?
- Do You Want Full Height Shutters for Your Replacement Windows?
- Replacement Windows and Going Green
- How to Keep Your Replacement Windows and Blinds Clean
- Choosing Shades for Your Bedroom Windows
- Outside Mounted Shutters for Replacement Windows
- Different Kinds of Bay Windows
- When to Order Your Replacement Windows
- Custom Shades for Your Replacement Windows
- Get Flexible Screens for Your Replacement Windows
- 2020 Trends for Replacement Windows
- Replacement Windows, Shutters and Security
- Kitchen Replacement Window Treatments
- Update Window Shutters on Your Replacement Windows
- Make Your Replacement Windows Last
- Install Your Replacement Windows
- Trendy Treatments for Your Replacement Windows
- Can You Paint Vinyl Replacement Windows?
- Window Treatments for Replacement Windows in Your Bathroom
- Get Better Blinds for Your Replacement Windows
- Replacement Windows and Broken Glass
- Tips for Painting Plantation Shutters
- Frequently Asked Replacement Window Questions
- All About Measuring Shutters for Replacement Windows
- Do Your Replacement Windows Have Condensation?
- Fighting Back Against Loss Of Glass Viewing Area
- Do You Want Sliding Replacement Windows?
- An Easy Checklist For Finding Replacement Windows
- Replacement Windows With Cordless Cellular Window Shades
- Vinyl Replacement Windows For Your Home
- Keep Your Replacement Window Shades and Blinds Clean
- A Guide To Casement Replacement Windows
- How To Keep Your Double Hung Replacement Windows Clean
- Cellular Vs. Roller Window Shades For Your Replacement Windows
- Alternative Shutter Materials For Replacement Windows
- Wood Replacement Window Shutters
- Measurements, Fabric And Other Things To Decide On Before Buying Curtains
- Exterior Replacement Window Shutters
- Are Your Replacement Wasting Your Money?
- Weather-stripping Your Replacement Windows
- Fiberglass Frame Replacement Windows
- Solar Window Shades For Replacement Windows
- Winter Replacement Windows
- Bow Vs. Bay Replacement Windows
- Motorized Window Blinds and Replacement Windows
- What to Think About Before Choosing Blinds
- Entry Door Styles
- R-value and Patio Doors
- How To Care For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Be Careful With Replacement Window Installation
- 4 Questions To Ask About Your Entry Door Contractors
- The Common Patio Door Contractor Process
- Double-Pane Glass For Custom Windows and Doors
- 5 Common Questions About Vinyl Replacement Windows
- 6 Original Ways to Decorate Your Entry Door
- Breathe New Life Into Your Patio Doors
- The Important of Locks
- Locks For Replacement Windows
- Entry Doors Versus Interior Doors
- Great Patio Door Locks
- Custom Glass For Custom Windows And Doors
- Save On Replacement Windows
- Should Your Entry Door Have Glass?
- All About Choosing Patio Doors
- Home Security and Custom Windows and Doors
- Do Replacement Windows Really Save You Money?
- Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Ten Steps For Amazing Patio Doors
- Tips and Tricks for Choosing the Best Custom Windows and Doors
- The Different Kinds of Replacement Windows
- Entry Door Security
- Patio Door Security
- Stained Glass For Your Custom Windows And Doors
- Replacement Windows and Your Historic Home
- The Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Choosing Your Ideal Patio Doors
- Amazing Features For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Efficiency Labels on Replacement Windows
- Trendy Entry Doors For Your Winnipeg, MB Home
- Top Patio Door Trends For 2018
- The Benefits of Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Star Replacement Windows
- How to Choose the Right Entry Doors for Your Home
- 4 Priorities When Buying New Patio Doors
- Why Vinyl is an Excellent Material for Custom Windows and Doors
- 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing Replacement Windows
- Is it Time for New Entry Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 3 Types of Patio Doors in Winnipeg, MB
- Why Invest in Custom Windows and Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 5 Tips for Replacement Windows in Winnipeg, MB
- Financial Considerations When Choosing Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Home Value Increases from New Windows in Winnipeg
- Why Vinyl Windows Outperform Other Products in Lockport, MB
- Getting Started with Replacement Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Why You Need New Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Homeowner Tips: Caring for Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What is the Cost of Window Installation in Selkirk, MB?
- 4 Features to Consider When Selecting Windows in Winnipeg
- The Best Care Tips for Windows in Winnipeg
- 5 Important Benefits of New Windows in Winnipeg
- Do You have Energy Efficient Windows Installed in Your Selkirk, MB Home?
- How to Find a Reliable Window Contractor in Selkirk, MB
- Are Vinyl Windows the Right Choice for Your Home in Lockport, MB?
- Choosing Vinyl Windows for a Property in Lockport, MB?
- 3 Signs It is Time to Replace the Windows in Your St Francis Xavier Home
- Quality Windows are Necessary to Reduce the Risk of Pest Infestations in St Francis Xavier
- Window Consultation in Winnipeg: Why Both Homeowners Should be in Attendance
- Residential Windows in Selkirk, MB: Should You Expect Wear and Tear?
- Easy Window Installation in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Steps to Choosing the Best Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Why You Always Need an Experienced Contractor for Vinyl Window Installation in Lockport, MB
- Windows and Warranties: What Winnipeg Homeowners Need to Know
- Selkirk, MB Homeowners: How Can You Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced?
- Tips to Find a Professional Window Installer in St Francis Xavier
- 3 Things to Consider Before Choosing Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Vinyl Windows Are a Great Solution for Energy Efficiency in Lockport, MB
- You Deserve Quality Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Choosing the Right Windows in Winnipeg
- When is the Best Time of Year to Replace Windows in Winnipeg?
- Window Shopping in Selkirk, MB? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Proven Steps to Choose New Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What Should You Do about Drafty Windows in St Francis Xavier?
- Easy Tips to Help You Choose a Windows Contractor in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Benefits of Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- How to Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced in Your Selkirk, MB Property
- How Much Should You Spend on Windows in Winnipeg?
- Choosing The Right Replacement Windows For Your Winnipeg Home
- Preparing For Your Window Replacement Project In St. Francis Xavier, MB!
- The Right Replacement Windows For Your East St. Paul, MB Home
- Replacement Window FAQs For The West St. Paul, MB Homeowner
- Your Whole-Home Replacement Window Project in Selkirk, MB
- Lockport, MB Window Replacements Just For You
- Knowing When To Replace Your Headingley, MB Windows
- Your Winnipeg Home's Entry Door & Your Unique Character
- A Patio Door For All Seasons
- Choose Pioneer For Your Custom Windows And Doors