The patio doors on your Winnipeg, MB home are probably great. They allow natural light and airiness into your home and help keep the weather outside you home. However, can your patio doors be better? One way you can improve your patio doors is by replacing them. You can also try and make them stylish reflection of you and your personality by adding some interest.
Not sure how to do that? Use these 5 tips to help you spruce up your patio doors to make them memorable, stylish and fresh without having to replace them:
- Decorate – There are almost an unlimited number of ways you can decorate your patio door. From painting and hanging wreaths to adding a statement house number or installing shutters, you can really have fun with your patio door decoration. Choose patio door décor that not only matches your home’s style, but also showcases your personality.
- Replace – A simple way to upgrade your patio door is to replace it. In fact, a recent study found that just replacing patio doors can increase the home’s perceived value. When replacing your doors, don’t just swap one door out for another. Instead, try to make your space feel larger and even more airy by installing windows or glass above or on either side.
- Lights – If you don’t already have lights by your patio door, adding them can really up your wow factor. Wall sconces are always a classic choice, and come in a variety of designs from sleek and modern to timeless and traditional. You can also install a hanging light fixture above your door if you have a porch.
- Greenery – Everyone loves flowers and plants, so a quick patio door fix is to add some planters. Planters come in almost every shape, size and color, and you can find plants for your planters in almost every shape, size and color. Try an Old World look with vase cement planters, or go more Zen with geometric glazed pots.
- High Tech – Your patio door isn’t the most advanced part of your house, but it could be. Increase your home security and style with patio door tech like a video door answering system. When someone rings your back patio bell, a camera will send a picture to a screen inside. You could also install a voice announcer system to be able to speak with whoever is at your door without having to open it.
Give these ideas a try, or use them as inspiration to come up with new ideas. However, if your patio doors are still not up to snuff, Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd can help. We offer a range of Winnipeg, MB patio door services, and would love to help you make your patio doors the best they can be. Please visit us at 8 Fast Lane Headingley, MB, R4H 0C5, or give us a call at (204) 889-8422 for more information.