Finding the best replacement windows for your Winnipeg, MB home may seem stressful or overwhelming. Before you let it get to you, remember to start at the beginning and gather all the necessary information. If you’re considering choosing vinyl replacement windows, this list of 5 common questions about vinyl replacement windows and their answers may help you get started with the basics:
- Will Vinyl Replacement Windows Work With My Older Home? Yes! Vinyl replacement windows come in almost every shape, size, color and design, so its easy to find the model that meets your home’s style and function needs, from energy savings to low-maintenance durability, and classic shape to bold color. Vinyl also comes in many imitation-wood styles, so you can get the look of a classic window without all the hassle of real wood. It’s easy to find vinyl windows that will work with an older home.
- What is the Lifespan of a Vinyl Replacement Window? While there are many different factors at play when it comes to your windows’ lifespan, from the materials and construction method to climate, weather and more, most vinyl windows last a lifetime. Wood windows, however, only last about 30 years, and this is with constant maintenance and upkeep.
- Are Vinyl Replacement Windows Secure? You need your windows to not only look great, but also to work well. This includes keeping your home safe from intruders and other unexpected events. The majority of vinyl windows come with a range of security features to help keep you and your loved ones safe, including full frame installation, secure locks, and strong structural integrity.
- What are My Options for Replacement Vinyl Window Colors? While the exact numbers vary, most vinyl window manufacturers offer hundreds of different colors and finishes. You can mix and match colors and finishes to make even more options, so you’re sure to find the exact combination to match your home and style. Some manufacturers also offer custom color and finish creations for even more personalization.
- How Much do Vinyl Replacement Windows Cost? Again, this varies greatly from window to window, and contractor to contractor. However, you can almost guarantee that vinyl replacement windows will cost less than wood replacement windows. This affordability also comes with quality and function, as vinyl is more durable, easy to maintain and often more energy efficient than wood. You can talk to your contractor for a more exact estimate.
These 5 questions and their answers are only the tip of the information iceberg that Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd can give you about replacement windows in Winnipeg, MB. We have years of industry experience, and would be happy to use our expertise to help you find, choose and install the best replacement windows for your home. Please pay us a visit at 8 Fast Lane Headingley, MB, R4H 0C5, or give us a call at (204) 889-8422 to learn more about what we can do for you.