While your fixer upper might not be your forever home, you can still live in it while you fix it up and make it ready to sell in the future. How can you not only enjoy your fixer-upper now but also ensure you get the best return on investment in the future? Use these tips, like adding replacement windows to your Lockport, MB home, to help. There are a few professional rules of thumb that will benefit anyone looking to make the most of their home now, with an eye toward turning the largest profit when it’s time to sell:
- Elevate the Windows – Windows and window treatments have a huge impact on a home’s function, style, curb appeal, comfort, and energy efficiency. After all, who doesn’t love big, bright, beautiful windows? Investing in new replacement windows and window treatments will surely boost your return on investment when you go to sell your fixer-upper home.
- Clean Up the Kitchen – The kitchen is the heart of the home, making it one of the first places people will check out when looking to buy. Spending time and money redoing your fixer upper’s kitchen will surely pay off in the long run. Avoid trends, as they come and go, and be sure to focus on efficiency and organization when creating the layout. Also, do you best to bring in more natural light whenever possible, or at least boost the artificial lighting with under-cabinet lights or pendants over work surfaces. Finally, choose where you spend your money wisely, as painting the existing cabinets could have the same effect as getting brand new ones.
- Check Out the Neighborhood – In order to get a better idea of which houses in the area sold quickly and for the most money, take a peek around the neighborhood. Check out which renovations and additions are most common in the area, as you don’t want to waste money on projects that won’t boost your resale value. Also, keep an eye on what the neighborhood trends are, as these can inform or inspire your choices.
- Focus on Curb Appeal – You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but people almost always judge a home by its curb appeal. Make sure your landscaping, entryway, and other outward facing items are in top condition. Try painting the front door with a fresh, welcoming new color or adding new hardware like knockers, doorknobs, and mail slots. You should also invest in other touches like planters, a new doormat, and even a fresh house number plate.
- Redo the Bathroom – Bathrooms are big pressure points when it comes to selling a home. But you don’t have to spend tons of money to get a great end result. Try adding double vanities for more storage and counterspace, or installing clear shower doors for a clean, sophisticated look. Lighting is imperative in the bathroom. Don’t be afraid to add or expand a window to bring in more natural light, or to install more lights above and around the mirror.
Do you want more fixer-upper home tips or information on Lockport, MB replacement windows? Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd is here to help.