If you’re moving from the dreaming stage of a beach house to the buying or renovating one, you need to be aware of how you can make your beach house exactly the way you’ve always wanted. Include these important finishes, like easy-to-care-for-flooring and expansive replacement windows on your Headingley, MB beach house to make sure it looks exactly the way you’ve always dreamed:
- Airy Interiors – Enjoy that indoor/outdoor vibe even more by ensuring your beach house has an airy interior. Besides adding big windows, you can achieve this by painting the walls white or off-white.
- Easy-to-Care-for Flooring – From sandy feet to saltwater and humidity, beach house floors take a beating. But the last thing you want to do on your vacation is worry about cleaning the floor. Make sure the flooring in your beach house is durable, warp-resistant, and easy to care for. Laminate hardwood or ceramic tile are great options, while wall-to-wall carpet or true hardwood are probably not the best choices. If you love carpet, opt for lots of rugs that you can clean and care for as needed.
- Expansive Windows – There’s nothing like gorgeous beach or water views to make a beach house great. Make sure that you always have a great view by finishing your beach house with expansive replacement windows. Have as much window space as possible by adding picture windows with upper transoms, sliding kitchen windows, sliding glass doors, and even a few block windows for light in the bathroom. You should also make sure most of the windows are easy to open so you can enjoy that fresh sea breeze whenever you want. Casement windows are great as they crank wide for an open feel, while awning windows offer both fresh air and protection from the elements. Finally, be sure that no matter what kind of windows you choose, they’re tough enough to hold up against rough ocean weather. Impact resistant windows are the best choice when it comes to protection against heavy wind and rain. Plus, most impact resistant glass also filters out UV rays to protect your carpet, furniture, and other furnishings from fading.
- Outdoor Shower – While it feels like the ultimate luxury, an outdoor shower will also keep the sand, salt, and dirt outside where they belong.
- Durable Dinnerware – You’re going to be eating outside a lot at a beach house, so make sure you have plates, glasses, cups, and silverware that won’t break easily, even when taken out to the beach for a bonfire.
- Comfy Furniture – You don’t want to be worried about ruining are caring for your beach house furniture. Choose upholstery that resists stains, or opt for slipcovers that you can toss in the wash. For that breezy feeling, go for light colored fabrics for the big pieces and add color and interest with accents like throw pillows, rugs, art, and blankets.
Who doesn’t dream of owning a beautiful beach house? Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd is here to help if you’re ready to make your beach house dream worthy. For more design or décor tips, or if you have questions on Headingley, MB replacement windows, call or visit us today.