If you’re ready to update your home for 2023, we’re here to help. A recent survey of design professionals revealed their favorite home trends for 2023, and we’ve detailed it all right here, from lots of textures to replacement windows in Selkirk, MB. Are you looking for home design inspiration? We’ve got you covered! Let’s dive into what design professionals are loving for 2023:
- Natural Materials and Textures – From stone countertops and white oak cabinetry to wood floors, handmade tiles, and stone fireplaces, a natural organic feel is a vibe in 2023. Bring natural materials into your home by layering them with lots of textures. You can use rattan or wood window treatments, warm metal replacement windows, or bright wallpapers to give your home natural materials and textures.
- Color – Grey, white, and other neutrals have been trending for a long time. But color will be making a comeback in 2023. Don’t shy away from incorporating your favorite colors into your design choices, whether that means moody-saturated walls in a study or office or pops of color in accessories like pillows, rugs, and artwork. You can also add color to your home with window coverings like curtains, drapes, blinds, or shades.
- Traditional, But Playful – You might see the term “playful traditional” appearing on home design blogs, social media, or other content. It refers to traditional styling that’s modernized with new colors, patterns, or mixtures of modern pieces. This style choice is less minimalist and more layered, with wallpaper, vintage and modern furniture, and colorful window treatments.
- Large Replacement Windows – Natural light is never going out of style, but windows are getting more and more prominent in 2023. Large sliding glass doors, massive picture windows, and other additions bring the outside in without the bugs or dirt. Keep in mind that big windows and big sliding glass doors will require big window treatments like custom draperies, sliding panels, and by-pass shutters.
- Warm, Welcoming Kitchens – While all-white kitchens were popular for many years, 2023 is bringing some color back. This trend is reflective of the fact that modern kitchens are so much more than where we cook. They’re where we have family game nights, do homework, or just hang out. Bring some color into your kitchen by painting an accent wall, upgrading your backsplash, or trying some new, bold replacement windows in a bright hue.
- Modern Rustic Style – Rustic is in, but only if it’s cozy. Some of the best ways to incorporate modern rustic style into your home are stone fireplaces, wood beams, and a mix of comfortable furniture in warm neutrals like cream, beige and brown. If you want to go grey, be sure to make it a warm-toned grey. If you just bought cold-tone grey furniture or window treatments, don’t worry. You can warm up the room with a lighter rug, cream or beige throw pillows or off-white throw blankets.
Call or visit us today for more information on 2023 home design trends or Selkirk, MB replacement windows.