Energy Star Replacement Windows
Energy Star is an internationally recognized program that helps consumers and businesses alike save money and help the environment at the same time by offering energy efficiency ratings, information, and helpful programs. A large portion of Energy Star information is geared towards replacement windows and doors so families like yours can have the most energy efficient Winnipeg, MB replacement windows possible.
Energy Star helps homes and business by testing and rating different windows, doors and other products. These ratings help consumers find the most energy efficient products depending on needs, location and climate. Energy Star Canada is a voluntary program, meaning businesses and organizations do not have to participate. However, Energy Star labels have become synonymous for trust and quality, so most companies choose to submit for Energy Star testing.
Energy Star Replacement Windows
In Canada, replacement windows receive Energy Star ratings based on the following values:
U Factor – The heat transfer rate from warm to cold areas. The lower the ratings, the more efficient the window.
SHGC – Solar heat gain coefficient rates the amount of heat from the sun that can move through the window. The higher the number the better.
Energy Rating – The balance between the U-factor, SHGC and air leakage. A higher rating is better.
Visible Transmittance – VT is the amount of visible light a window allows through. The higher the rating, the more light can go through.
R-Value – A window’s resistance to heat transfer measured in square feet per hour. A higher rating means a more efficient window.
Centre- Of-Glass Rating – The window’s glass energy efficiency rating.
While there aren’t any specific requirements for construction or materials in order for a replacement window to be highly rated through Energy Star, there are some industry-wide trends that may help you choose the best replacement vinyl windows for your home. Some of these trending features include:
Quality Materials – High quality window materials, like vinyl, offer better insulation and heat and cold transfer rates.
Low-E Glass – Low-E glass is coated with a transparent film to help reflect infrared light back outside rather than allowing it inside.
Spacers – Spacers keep glass panels the proper distance apart for effective insulation and even noise reduction.
Energy Star Replacement Windows for Winnipeg
Different climates require different window construction and properties for effective energy efficient replacement windows. Energy Star conveniently separates Canada into climate zones so consumers can quickly and easily find what properties their new windows should have for the best energy efficiency.
Winnipeg is in Climate Zone 2. Energy Star recommends the following ratings for energy efficient replacement windows in the Climate Zone 2:
Energy Rating of at least 29
Maximum U-factor of 1.40
Air leakage value of 1.5 or less
Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd
The right replacement window in Winnipeg, MD can really make or break your home’s energy efficiency to not only reduce your energy spending but also keep your home comfortable no matter what the season.
Pioneer window & Door Mfg Ltd is proud to offer Energy Star rated replacement windows. Visit our store at 3224 Portage Ave Winnipeg, MB R3K 0Y8, or give us a call at (204) 889-8422 to learn more about Energy Star replacement windows.
- How Much Should You Spend on Windows in Winnipeg?
- How to Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced in Your Selkirk, MB Property
- 4 Benefits of Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Easy Tips to Help You Choose a Windows Contractor in St Francis Xavier
- What Should You Do about Drafty Windows in St Francis Xavier?
- Proven Steps to Choose New Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Window Shopping in Selkirk, MB? Here’s What You Need to Know
- When is the Best Time of Year to Replace Windows in Winnipeg?
- Choosing the Right Windows in Winnipeg
- You Deserve Quality Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Vinyl Windows Are a Great Solution for Energy Efficiency in Lockport, MB
- 3 Things to Consider Before Choosing Windows in St Francis Xavier
- A Patio Door For All Seasons
- Your Winnipeg Home's Entry Door & Your Unique Character
- Knowing When To Replace Your Headingley, MB Windows
- Lockport, MB Window Replacements Just For You
- Your Whole-Home Replacement Window Project in Selkirk, MB
- Replacement Window FAQs For The West St. Paul, MB Homeowner
- The Right Replacement Windows For Your East St. Paul, MB Home
- Preparing For Your Window Replacement Project In St. Francis Xavier, MB!
- Choosing The Right Replacement Windows For Your Winnipeg Home
- Choose Pioneer For Your Custom Windows And Doors
- Tips to Find a Professional Window Installer in St Francis Xavier
- Selkirk, MB Homeowners: How Can You Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced?
- Windows and Warranties: What Winnipeg Homeowners Need to Know
- Why You Always Need an Experienced Contractor for Vinyl Window Installation in Lockport, MB
- 4 Steps to Choosing the Best Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Easy Window Installation in St Francis Xavier
- Residential Windows in Selkirk, MB: Should You Expect Wear and Tear?
- Window Consultation in Winnipeg: Why Both Homeowners Should be in Attendance
- Quality Windows are Necessary to Reduce the Risk of Pest Infestations in St Francis Xavier
- 3 Signs It is Time to Replace the Windows in Your St Francis Xavier Home
- Choosing Vinyl Windows for a Property in Lockport, MB?
- Are Vinyl Windows the Right Choice for Your Home in Lockport, MB?
- How to Find a Reliable Window Contractor in Selkirk, MB
- Do You have Energy Efficient Windows Installed in Your Selkirk, MB Home?
- 5 Important Benefits of New Windows in Winnipeg
- The Best Care Tips for Windows in Winnipeg
- 4 Features to Consider When Selecting Windows in Winnipeg
- What is the Cost of Window Installation in Selkirk, MB?
- Homeowner Tips: Caring for Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Why You Need New Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Getting Started with Replacement Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Why Vinyl Windows Outperform Other Products in Lockport, MB
- Home Value Increases from New Windows in Winnipeg
- Financial Considerations When Choosing Windows in Selkirk, MB
- 5 Tips for Replacement Windows in Winnipeg, MB
- Why Invest in Custom Windows and Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 3 Types of Patio Doors in Winnipeg, MB
- Is it Time for New Entry Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing Replacement Windows
- Why Vinyl is an Excellent Material for Custom Windows and Doors
- 4 Priorities When Buying New Patio Doors
- How to Choose the Right Entry Doors for Your Home
- Energy Star Replacement Windows
- The Benefits of Custom Windows and Doors
- Top Patio Door Trends For 2018
- Trendy Entry Doors For Your Winnipeg, MB Home