5 Questions to Ask When Choosing Replacement Windows
For most of us, buying new windows is not a very common thing to do. Because of this, we never become truly familiar with how to do it well. If you’re in the market for replacement windows in Winnipeg, MB, there are several important questions you should ask before you make a purchase decision. Our experts can help you think through the details. We specialize in windows and doors and can help you find the best solution to meet your needs in our climate region. However, smart homeowners always ask the following five questions about replacement windows they are considering to buy:
1. What material is this window frame and sash made of?
These days there are many different material options used in window fabrication. These include materials such as vinyl, wood, aluminum, or composite materials. Each material has its own unique benefits and drawbacks. Be sure to consider your needs before you make a choice.
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this material in our climate region?
Vinyl is very low maintenance because it does not rot or deteriorate, but it is not as robust or reliable as wood. Wood requires more care and upkeep to prevent rot and decay, but when crafted well, it is a beautiful and strong material with reasonable insulating value. Some companies manufacture proprietary composite materials for their window fabrication to combine the best properties of other materials to create windows that are both strong and low maintenance.
3. What type of glass is used in this window?
Well-made glass is an important part of a quality window. Double or triple paned window glass, filled with an argon or similar gas can significantly improve insulation. Adding a thin Low-E coating to the surface of the glass will reduce 84% of UV rays from penetrating your windows without reducing visible, natural light. This coating protects your carpets and furniture from color fade and damage.
4. What is the overall energy efficiency of this window?
Be sure to check the energy efficiency ratings for the window product you are considering to buy. A organization called the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) provides an excellent comparison of energy rated windows and doors. Look for the lowest “U-Factor,” which is a measurement of insulation quality.
5. Does the window have a warranty?
Window replacement companies and manufacturers often provide a product warranty in some form or another. However, be sure to read and understand the fine print because more often than not, there are limits to what is covered by the warranty. Warranties may be limited in duration, may not include coverage for installation problems, material failure under certain conditions, etc.
If it’s time for replacement windows in Winnipeg, MB, our pro staff can guide you through the options and help you find exactly what you need. Come see us at Pioneer Window & Door Ltd. We are located at 3224 Portage Ave Winnipeg, MB R3K 0Y8. Or if you would like, you can call us to set an appointment for an in-home consultation with one of our experts to evaluate your home: (204) 889-8422
- How Much Should You Spend on Windows in Winnipeg?
- How to Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced in Your Selkirk, MB Property
- 4 Benefits of Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Easy Tips to Help You Choose a Windows Contractor in St Francis Xavier
- What Should You Do about Drafty Windows in St Francis Xavier?
- Proven Steps to Choose New Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Window Shopping in Selkirk, MB? Here’s What You Need to Know
- When is the Best Time of Year to Replace Windows in Winnipeg?
- Choosing the Right Windows in Winnipeg
- You Deserve Quality Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Vinyl Windows Are a Great Solution for Energy Efficiency in Lockport, MB
- 3 Things to Consider Before Choosing Windows in St Francis Xavier
- A Patio Door For All Seasons
- Your Winnipeg Home's Entry Door & Your Unique Character
- Knowing When To Replace Your Headingley, MB Windows
- Lockport, MB Window Replacements Just For You
- Your Whole-Home Replacement Window Project in Selkirk, MB
- Replacement Window FAQs For The West St. Paul, MB Homeowner
- The Right Replacement Windows For Your East St. Paul, MB Home
- Preparing For Your Window Replacement Project In St. Francis Xavier, MB!
- Choosing The Right Replacement Windows For Your Winnipeg Home
- Choose Pioneer For Your Custom Windows And Doors
- Tips to Find a Professional Window Installer in St Francis Xavier
- Selkirk, MB Homeowners: How Can You Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced?
- Windows and Warranties: What Winnipeg Homeowners Need to Know
- Why You Always Need an Experienced Contractor for Vinyl Window Installation in Lockport, MB
- 4 Steps to Choosing the Best Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Easy Window Installation in St Francis Xavier
- Residential Windows in Selkirk, MB: Should You Expect Wear and Tear?
- Window Consultation in Winnipeg: Why Both Homeowners Should be in Attendance
- Quality Windows are Necessary to Reduce the Risk of Pest Infestations in St Francis Xavier
- 3 Signs It is Time to Replace the Windows in Your St Francis Xavier Home
- Choosing Vinyl Windows for a Property in Lockport, MB?
- Are Vinyl Windows the Right Choice for Your Home in Lockport, MB?
- How to Find a Reliable Window Contractor in Selkirk, MB
- Do You have Energy Efficient Windows Installed in Your Selkirk, MB Home?
- 5 Important Benefits of New Windows in Winnipeg
- The Best Care Tips for Windows in Winnipeg
- 4 Features to Consider When Selecting Windows in Winnipeg
- What is the Cost of Window Installation in Selkirk, MB?
- Homeowner Tips: Caring for Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Why You Need New Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Getting Started with Replacement Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Why Vinyl Windows Outperform Other Products in Lockport, MB
- Home Value Increases from New Windows in Winnipeg
- Financial Considerations When Choosing Windows in Selkirk, MB
- 5 Tips for Replacement Windows in Winnipeg, MB
- Why Invest in Custom Windows and Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 3 Types of Patio Doors in Winnipeg, MB
- Is it Time for New Entry Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing Replacement Windows
- Why Vinyl is an Excellent Material for Custom Windows and Doors
- 4 Priorities When Buying New Patio Doors
- How to Choose the Right Entry Doors for Your Home